Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I usually don't post on here but I'm wondering what most of you guys with the 24 valve Cummins motors change your oil and filter at?
I currently have a 2006 Ram 3500 single wheel 4x4 4 door as my daily driver, I've tried to change the oil and filter between 3500 to 4000 miles, it has a little over 150,000 miles on it now.
I was told by the local dodge truck fleet salesman to change oil at 7500 miles, not at 3500 miles confused
The truck sits a lot now but I do use it to tow a 24 Ft. enclosed race car trailer with my bracket car in it, normal trace rip length is between 45 up to 850 miles depending on where I'm racing at.
I do a lot of local short trip driving also, probably around 90 % of its normal use.
All comments appreciated up

That short trip around town stuff can be hard on the oil because it never gets hot enough for long enough to boil off condensation and other contaminants so your change intervals could be a good thing. An oil analysis at your next change can tell you if it's necessary or if it's ok to run it out to 7500 which is normal. An analysis can also let you extend the drain interval to filter at 7500 and oil and filter at 15,000. Probably false economy given it's only 3 gallons of oil or so and you aren't putting on 150,000 miles a year.

Kevin