If it were mine i would find out exactly what every part of the valve train is. It is the whole combo that makes the difference . If the rockers are doves they have a reputation of limited strength. Probably OK for a flat tappet cam or mild solid roller that won't need a lot of spring. Once you know what is in the motor you can go to a knowledgeable engine builder and come up with a plan. IMHO pressure fed lifters are a very good idea. A cam with endurance type lobes or milder also.
I keep a close eye on lash and am very carefull to check at as close to each 90 degree move, 90, 180 , 270. 0. Cams do flex under spring load and the bigger the springs the more important this becomes. If you see a valve get loose by more than .002 start looking for the problem. My last inspection #6 intake was .003 loose. I have Jesel paired rockers and the intake rocker felt fine till i tried to rotate it full circle on its' shaft. On further inspection the rocker shaft was galled and the roller bearing would have gone bad next, filling my motor with nasty crap. I once had the needles wind up in the oil pump , ruin all the bearings, scratch the cylinder walls, and broke the pump drive
Shaft. So now i keep notes and if anything changes even a little like + .001 or close to .002 it gets rechecked again very soon. Any more movement and i know something is going away.

Last edited by gregsdart; 11/13/19 06:09 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky