I believe vintage Nascar tires were typically 26.5 to 27" tall, but the 4 ply nylon sidewalls kept them from rolling over like a 2 ply radial does. 28" is a bit taller than that, but 26" will be a bit shorter.

My Challenger runs the MT SR tires. I have 26x10x15 front and 26x12x15 rear. This is roughly a 255/55 and 305/45 in metric terms. Front rim is 15x8 with 4.5" backspace, rear is 15x10 with 5" backspace. Because E body springs are splayed, unlike a B body, I had to move my leaves in 1" per side. You won't need to do this. Also, because of the 15" diameter, the absolute maximum backspace you can run on a rim up front is 4.75". Any more and it will hit the upper ball joint.

My Challenger is significantly lowered. Haven't measured it, but I'd swag it at around 4" of drop all around. I have just enough clearance for these tires in all range of motion in the front. I did flatten a small section of the fender lip at the top of the front wheel arch just to avoid any possible slicing of the tires as its close. Could you put a 28" tall tire in the front and have it all fit, I'm not too sure. That's only 1" larger in radius, but that 1" matters a lot in relationship to the wheel opening, suspension compliance, and range of motion. With the stock suspension, your suspension will have a fair amount of compliance and will likely use a large range of its motion when tracked. The wheel openings on your Bee are flattened at the top and this will cause potential interference, but you may have more interior space than my Challenger. Any backspace less than 4.5 is going to put the tire that much closer to the wheel lip.

For simplicity sake, you could duplicate my set up in the front. While wearing out the 26s observe and carefully measure where that extra inch in radius of the 28" will take you and see if its even possible. how tall are your current tires? You could use cardboard mounted to your existing tire to mock up the larger tire and your potential pinch points. Heck, for that matter go to the local pick and pull and get a scrap tire in a size similar to what you want and play around with that.

The rears have no interference any where and for simply asthetic reason, I've thought about going to 28x12 for the rear in my next set. The MT SR measurements are spot on. The four I have didn't deviate at all from published sizes.