Originally Posted by AndyF
We've been building 610/630 Mopar big blocks using TF 240 heads, Trick Flow intake, 10:1 compression and a modest hyd roller cam so that is what I'd build for a boat. The "pro street" type cars get the TF 270 heads with the Indy intake and a solid roller cam and they make around 700 hp and 650 torque. Your engine is a mixture of those parts. Are you using a Dual Sync distributor with the Holley EFI system? Where do you put the O2 sensor when you have a water jacket exhaust? Did you build the EFI system yourself? I see the port injection on the intake but can't tell which ECU you're using.

Yup, purchased a universal Holley HP system from Haxby Speed and Marine, another contributor to a jet boat forum I belong to. I modified a MSD dizzy with mechanical advance locked out, and ground off the other 7 reluctor tabs and left #1 for the cam sync. Spark is triggered off the damper into the Holley HP ECM, which fires a Daytona Sensors CD box. It running dual knock sensors, triggered to retard at engine noise over 80% when running over 2000 rpm, which was advised by Holley EFI for a big block as the mechanical cam is a bit noisy at an idle. However over 2000 rpm, noise settles down to 20-30%. Its runs sequential injection, seems to work really well after playing with the injector end-angle tables. The injectors are 60lb. I did have a Wilson 1287 CFM 4150 4bbl throttle body on it originally, but on advice of a Holley Tech forum member, I swapped to a 90mm monoblade with the Edelbrock 3894 elbow. In the end, it was a very good decision as the cruise throttle AFR was very erratic with the 4150 (13.1-13.9 with a target 13.5), but the monoblade setup evened it out to 13.4-13.6.

Now I see MSD sells a RB/Hemi dual sync dizzy, plug n play with the Holley System. The NTK O2 sensor is located at the top of the manifold, hanging above the starboard valve cover. Hi-Tek can TIG weld it in on request.

20191019_173110.jpg
Last edited by mgrant; 10/26/19 06:14 PM.