It always bugs me when guys don't come back to update the fix. I'm sorry. I thought I had. I pulled the lines and checked the cooler. It was all clear. Finally dropped the valve body and started looking through it. Found a piece of aluminum fin holding a valve open and a chunk of rubber in the cooler return circuit. After I removed them and reassembled, it ran great until a few months ago.

This time it seemed like it was slipping as I was leaving the house one morning. Managed to get it back home and by that time it would barely move. Let it sit for a few hours, and when I came back it was all back to normal. Drove it down the road and back without issue. The next day it wouldn't move. I checked the fluid. It looked normal, but so high in neutral that I had to assume either filter is blocked (or something in that area), or the pump/seal has gone bad. But considering it was fine after a few hours, then not so later, I'm going to go with another blockage. When you put it in gear it moves a little , and if I give it a little gas it will just barely move forward or back.

It's sat a few months and we've decided now to sell and buy something with a little more towing capacity. Figure I'll drop the pan, see what I can see, if nothing, drop the valve body again. If I don't find anything at all, I'll probably put it up for sale as is, or drop the trans and take it to a shop, then sell.

Daily:
'19 Frontier 4WD
Belle:
'67 Belvedere Convertible, 318/727 in Go ManGo!
Other:
'64 C10, 283/3 on the tree