Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
It looks like it is a requirement anytime a roll bar is required.

See this link
http://www.nhraracer.com/content/general.asp?articleid=48693
iagree
That requirement has been in place a long time, a VERY long time shruggy
As far as your neck and a crash your way better off having the head rest, especially if your rear ended, hit in the back of the car, at speeds. work
I've hurt my neck four times in a row on the first four launches after installing a 8 inch race converter in my old max wedge stocker that didn't require a head rest with the stock interior back then work
Same thing on my current S/P car launching off the trans brake with no throttle stop, I had to relearn to stiffen up my back and neck muscle before letting go of the tranny button shock
1.27 60 ft. moves your body forward fairly rapidly, I had learn to make myself push my body back into the seat all the way so my neck wouldn't flex backwards on the leave, my helmet needed to hit the headrest with my back against the seat up scope work
As far as the door bar it needs to cross your upper arm between the elbow and the shoulder with your left hand on the steering wheel, when I 'm ask to sit in the seat and put my left hand on the steering wheel I make sure my elbow is slower than my hand is and my hand is below 9:0O clock on the steering wheel work up
I have a window net also that is required rant whistlinggrin

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/17/19 12:27 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)