Thanks for the feedback! One source I checked claimed it's a one of 16. I don't really care, it just a neat car with tons of personality.

I've had the car up on the hoist a couple times now and have not found any nasty surprises. I always cringe putting a convertible up in the air, but the door gaps didn't change near as much as I expected. So the good news is I got it up and down and it didn't break in half. I am really amazed at what those few additions to the floor pan/frame rails make in the strength of the unibody.

There is some evidence of stress on the floor from the pinion snubber, so it's obviously been driven hard. 3:55 sure grip. Nice gear ratio I think. The Hookers are very large tube headers and a work of art. One tube goes around the outside of the torsion bar on each side.

The seller had started the car for me when I first went to look at it, and again when I picked it up as he drove it on the trailer. I also ran it to unload it and drive it in the pole barn. It wasn't running the greatest with the huge Holley double pumper on it and having sat for quite some time. I replaced the plugs, added 5 gallons of fresh gas and put a smaller, known good Holley on for now. It had been converted to electronic ignition.

After a couple days of goofing around with it I went to move it from the hoist and it wouldn't start; no fuel. I figured the fuel pump probably gave up, so put a new fuel pump on it. Still wouldn't draw fuel. Checked the fuel line and the connection to the tank pickup; No holes or signs of leaks. I did find evidence of the car having an electric fuel pump mounted back over the rear end housing. Replaced what rubber hoses there were in the line and still no change.

Blew low pressure air back through the fuel line from the engine end and can definitely hear bubbling in the fuel tank. Plenty of gas in the tank. Tried with the gas cap off just in case it wasn't venting. Starting to think I'm missing something obvious. What are the odds of getting a new fuel pump that's no good? I finally just rigged up a gravity feed gas supply to run it for a while. Runs and sounds much better than it did before. Then the alternator started making noise and froze up shortly after. I've a Carter competition fuel pump on the shelf. Think I'll install it where the pump had been previously and see if it'll draw from the tank.

The spring loaded door wedges were gone, as were the door pieces they wedge against. I assume they were removed when the door jambs were painted. Picked up that stuff and a new piece of driver's door glass arrived today. Waiting for a vent window of the right dimensions and then will straighten out the driver's door glass situation. Would like to run it up and down the road before winter sets in. Fun project!

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way