I hauled this home Monday afternoon. The car had popped up on Craigslist and the ad said the seller was interested in a 55-7 Chevy trade. Very nice guy. I traded a 56 Chevy 2d HT I'd owned for years. There was just something about this Satellite; had to have it. He'd owned it for a number of years but just hadn't gotten to it. He commented that when he'd gone to look at the car about 8 yrs ago, it just grabbed him. It did the same thing to me.

VIN RH27H8G--------- You'll note a shifter handle sticking out of the floor. All appearances are it's an original 4 speed car. I've got to believe that's pretty unusual. It has a 69 driver's door on it from a hardtop, so the glass isn't right on that side.

I've often said I wish cars could talk. Man, would I like to know the story on this one. Currently has a 440 in it which appears to be 1968 vintage, Torker intake, Hooker Super Comp headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, scatter shield, pinion snubber, air shocks, small section of chain reinforcing the driver's side engine mount, Sun tach and sure grip rear end. Haven't had a chance to see what the gear ratio is.

Sorting some things out and hunting down a few parts it needs yet, but I keep finding myself standing there just looking at the car. We were both happy with the deal.

Happy to share this with you all.

SANY0002 (1).JPGSANY0003 (1).JPGSANY0004 (1).JPGSANY0001 (1).JPG

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way