Your having luck I never had, none of the good 8 3/4 gear sets I had set up by a good shop never made noise, even after cracking the outer edge of the ring gear teeth on every tooth work shruggy I would pull them on the race cars after 100 runs to check them, I had one tooth corner break off at the track in the burn out box and ruin that day. None broken while driving them after that by replacing them before the corners broke off work
I bent the heck out of the last 8 3/4 housing I had cut down to put in my old pump gas Duster street car that was half fast, 10.0 at 134. MPH corked up on pump Oregon 91 octane swill motor only with the air cleaner on devil I replaced it with a cut down Dana 60 out of a pickup and the car pushed so much easier after that I wish I had put a good Dana 60 in it to start with up twocents
I had tried 4 different gear sets in that 8 3/4 before breaking the ladder bar tabs off of the housing at Woodburn drag strip in around 2008 or 2009, 3:73,3:91, 3:91,4:10 and the final set of 4.30. That stupid car ran almost the same ET and MPH no matter what gear set was in the rear end confused I cracked the corners on all of the ring gears also whiney That rear end had a set of Strange 35 spline axles and a strange Engr. 35 spline spool in the 8 3/4 since day one also work
The stock set of Dana 60 4.10 gears are still in that car going strong, same thing on the stock Dana 4.56 gear set in my current S/P car up I had the rear cover off last year after a bunch of runs and they looked great, no noise or ring gear cracks boogie
IHThs thumbs

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)