Thank you all for the tremendous information, just knowing what the car is sitting on has been a huge help and a better understanding of what we can do to the car. I love these old cars, and have since I was young, I was determine to own one one day and I was fortunate to be able to so. But for me it is very overwhelming in terms of what needs to be done and what can be done. I am very limited on my knowledge on working on cars, but hope to learn more with this very intensive project. My boyfriend is the brains behind the operation and the one doing all the heavy lifting so to speak.

Edit:: I do have one more question regarding the brakes (I think). Our intent with the brakes was to fix the brakes if we could then upgrade to a disc brake system over the winter. We just found out that, drum brakes are terrible. Our biggest city is about 30-40 minutes away via the highway and we were told because they brakes do not self adjust we would not make it there without having to adjust the brakes. The reason I am asking, maybe it would be more cost effective to dive into this conversion versus buying odds and ends to fix the drums and not have the ability to drive more than 20 miles at a time without having to make adjustments to the brakes. Would this be the case with the current brake drums?

Last edited by Rachel4291; 10/10/19 06:06 PM.