So, this brings on the next question, has the original steering column been replaced with something newer? Maybe the dimmer switch, and the wiper switch are on the column?

Is the turn signal switch part of the column and up high like the modern stuff? The original turn signal switch was an after thought and is a small box with the lever protruding from the box, and the box is clamped to the side of the column. If your car has a modern auto trans, it also probably has a modern steering column. That would actually be better for you. It is easier to go with an aftermarket 12 volt wire harness for a late 60s or early 70s with the modern motor/trans (and possibly a modertn steering column) then it would be to try to merge the 30s harness with the 70s drive train.

At this point I think I'd like to see pictures of the upper control arms, the steering box where the column meets it, the point the steering wheel is attached to the column, and possibly the dash showing the instrument cluster. I think everyone needs to know exactly what you have. Someone started swapping a bunch of stuff, but we don't know what and what has not been done. There are enough of us here that has dealt with this old stuff, we can probably identify what you have by looking at the pictures. Gene