I have an AAR Hood that was launched do the hood pins being left out.

I figured I would fix it for the fun of the effort and well.... I'm too cheap/Broke to buy another one.

The Hinge mount area of the hood are MIA and the current structure partially de-laminated from the outer surface.

I have a TA hood and was going to use it to mold patch panels to replace the missing hinge areas. Since the Hood is fairly messed up underneath I figured on putting a metal structure inside the existing ribs for more support and possibly injecting a filler agent between the layers for anti rattle/strength.

I may be wasting my time but it will be a learning experience, good or bad.

My plan for making the mold was to cover the underside of the T?A hood with release agent, then some thin plastic and more release agent. Basically to prevent the fiberglass from seeping into the pores of the T/A hood since the underside is pretty rough from the factory.
I will then size and trim as needed to make the patch "fit".

Then I will attempt to build a structure to slide into the hood's existing ribs to add strength. After getting it all back together I'll inject a filler into the hood. ribs and stiffen it up and bond it to the structure.. This will be done mounted to a car so that I can make sure the hood is perfectly aligned.

So may questions are as follows.
1. What type of release agent and will Saran wrap work as the thin plastic to help make the mold?
2. What type of bonding agent should I use to "Glue"the de-laminated outer skin to the inner patch and existing inner structure?
3, Any ideas on a good filler to inject between the hood and structure? It probably shouldn't expand much if at all. I don't want to separate more of the hoods layers or bend the hood from expansion. Also it would need to take several hundred degrees of heat since it is in the engine compartment.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Hinge area 2.jpgHinge area 1.jpg