Even though I've raced and cruised Mopars my whole life I've never owned one with power steering so I know nothing at all about it.

I have a '70 Challenger pro touring style street car, it has a Gen2 Hemi with a motor plate and Magnum Force coilover front suspension(soon to be HDK coilover front suspension after I sell the Magnum Force with brakes and coilovers and everything just because of their poor reputation).

I am going with a power rack and pinion steering setup on the new front end, I'm wondering what is the most compact pump to use, I'm looking at a chrome 'saginaw' pump on Mancini's website. I currently use a 6 rib serpentine belt so I would need the appropriate pulley. And some kind of hoses?

My main concern is if the Saginaw pump and Mancini Saginaw brackets will work with a motor plate. I have not called Mancini yet. I also use an electric drop-in water pump in an aluminum water pump housing, thinking about switching to a mechanical water pump with a serpentine pulley if it will all fit. Car has the twin Spal electric fans on a 26" aluminum radiator. If I stay with the electric water pump I'm not real sure how the serpentine belt would route. I have an alternator, no ac or anything.

Any info is appreciated.

20190929_213451.jpg20190929_213504.jpg

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual