Originally Posted by BigBlockMopar
From what I've seen, most guys who can't tune a carb or even set up a proper timing curve for what their engine wants are usually the ones that have problems with EFI as well. They simply miss the basics.
If you are also still "digitally-challenged" in this day and age, the odds are very much stacked against you.

I will say, I'd like to think I know a bit about tuning, troubleshooting and computers. But everytime I have a problem, it feels like I forget the basics when it comes to my car in general or efi specifically.
There are so many things I have added on to make the car work, I literally forget about parts and have to relearn how everything is hooked up and then how it actually works together.

This last time was 2 days of trying to troubleshoot, look up old posts and then finally asking another question that pointed to a part I forgot about that turned out to be the issue.

I was just thinking if I bought an entire system riather than the pieces I put together, where someone other than just me knew how it worked, I might be better off.
But I also don't want to plunk down 2k and find out I am just as bad off trying to trouble shoot something because they can't help since it isn't a chevy 350.