Originally Posted by furious70
sweet! My 69 Coronet is going to be my 2nd turbo kit when I get around to it (my 70 Sport Fury was my first). It'll be interesting to see how that T4 works, I would suggest running a pyrometer and in that same bung you can temporarily run a copper line to an oil psi gauge and you can do back pressure testing. I did that on my Fury to help me decide on what to do when I moved from JY turbos to Precision units. I found a great deal on a 76mm T6 1.32 A/R dump truck turbo as a starting point for my Coronet when I get to it. I have twins on my Fury because I thought it would be easier - not sure it was.

I have definitely checked out your posts on your build (with the flipped over manifolds) and I do think that the single turbo has to be easier. I stress out just thinking about having to snake a downpipe out on the driver's side! The attached pic is the pipes merging into the T4 flange, which was pretty tricky to do in such a tight space. I went with 2" pipes off of the manifolds merging into 2.5" w/ a 50mm wastegate.

Yeah, hopefully the exhaust won't choke it too much. I kind of get my inspiration from the Chevy LS world, and there seems to be more than a few guys running similar turbos with a 383. I know that doesnt mean it will work for me too, but its a start. If a person had a bunch of different turbos available to test fit, it would be so much easier to get the size right, but I was so worried about it not fitting (and having to cut or massage the body) that I erred on the side of "too small". Now that its in there, I see that I very likely could have fit a larger exhaust... and probably a 3.5" downpipe. I found measurements of turbos and looked at 10000 pictures and eventually made some mock-up turbos out of foam so I could see how much room there was.

beer

d81b3b73-ada1-403a-befa-2838379682ed.jpg

Paul
'69 Super Bee 383 EFI Turbo