Hey guys!

I don't post much, but I'm finishing up this project and thought Id share. Its a single turbo on my 1969 Super Bee's 383. I've been wanting to do this for some time, and finally started the project this past spring. I did the sequential EFI (MS3x system) and Coil On Plug work about 5 years ago in anticipation of eventually going with a turbo.

I don't really have an ET or HP goal, because its really just a fun street car, but I will take it to the track a few times. I realize that a stroker would probably have been an easier way to similar horsepower results, but I wanted to give a turbo a try.

I first built the 383 about 15 years ago and I've put just 2000-3000 miles on it since then as it was parked for 5+ years while I restored it. It was a mid-12 second car naturally aspirated.

The heads and pistons were removed to open up the ring gaps and drop the compression ratio.

For reliability (and ease of install) I used stock exhaust manifolds. Looking back, maybe I should have found a set of HP exhaust manifolds, but I really dont think it will make much difference. One day, I think I might build log manifolds or something that flows better.

The turbo is a Turbonetics 7875 T4 with a 3" exhaust outlet. I guess that seems small for a 383, but I decided to sacrifice some ultimate HP potential for ease of packaging in the engine compartment.

The downpipe and hotside pipes can be removed in just a few minutes with v-band clamps.

I have a methanol injection setup ready to install. I still haven't decided if I will one day swap to an inter-cooler, but the meth injection should work until I figure out what I want to do.

I still need to paint and then wrap the exhaust bits to attempt to prevent frying everything close.

I changed from a solid FT 232/242 camshaft to a custom Crower hydraulic FT. 226/222.

Anyway, I just thought Id put this post out there... I know that finding info and pics of turbo Mopars is pretty hard to come by, and even more difficult for non-race type builds. I still need to add the wastegate-to-downpipe pipe, but other than that, its pretty close to done, and runs and drives. I still need to upgrade my injectors, so I have limited myself to hitting just 1 psi while footbraking just so I could say I saw some boost!

beer

10679217-53d4-4843-820f-2680c15577bc.jpgeca14627-7837-45cf-9057-4b25b04536fb.jpg3fc1f907-1306-4cd7-b794-16241ceedc2e.jpg2ee45904-b2c6-4676-99a3-38f640317dfd.jpg

Paul
'69 Super Bee 383 EFI Turbo