After having a couple issues with the competitor........the one's with the yeller car , I switched to Summit for keeps.
Or until they annoy me to the point of no return.
But I don't see that happening any time soon.
I had a gaffe two weeks ago.........I forgot to enter the discount code on my order.
I had a similar issue with Jegs and they wanted me to essentially stand on one leg , spin counter clockwise and hop through flaming hoops.
Combining the two orders I had in one day to up the discount would have been too complicated I guess.
That wasn't even the last straw , but I am done with them now.
Summit ? I was on hold for a few minutes , but they not only gave me the discount , but mailed me a very nice discount code that hit the mail box just before I was going to drop a chunk with them.
Today , I receive the harness I need to replace my out dated one.........and the new one is due to expire next December.
I don't expect the full two years , but I'd like to be closer that fourteen months.
I called them up.
They agreed.
Do I want to return it , or have them pro rate it for the time I would be missing ?
Well , I need it for Saturday , so I will install it and be refunded a percentage of the value.
Their customer service has been rock solid.
The prices are as good as any.
But the intangibles will keep me coming back.
I am certainly no big hitter , but I drop a few sheckels on car stuff every year.
And all it takes to get it is to show me a modicum of appreciation.
Customer service is a dying art it seems.
I don't need a lot to keep me happy with any vendor.
But showing me that you appreciate the business goes a long way.