Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Originally Posted by mopar muscle7271
i got other people sayin on a different site sayin gearhead is a good cable and no problems with it.

You also got people on this site saying Lokar is a "good cable" and no problems with it. Amazing what some folks call "good".

Sir, I respect your opinion because over the years of frequenting this site I have had the luxury of reading your always informative posts...HOWEVER...what exactly is the problem with calling the Lokar setup "good"?

Here is my point: I have both, initially bought the el'cheapo knock-off stuff, installed it and found it refreshingly adjustable. This I thought was a real gem. Some years later I picked up a genuine Lokar for a great price. Their product is of higher quality, specifically the steel line is thicker, the sleeve is bulkier and appears to be better made. But inherently it only offers the same level of adjustments that the cheaper knock-off do.

So as far as what works and what does not, and specifically the workability of the Lokar/knock-offs for our Mopar purposes, I am entirely with abodyjoe on this. It works, but make sure you understand how the transmission linkage needs to work, all of it!

Why would you just slap the thing on??? Heck, doesn't working on our rides (just about any parts of 'em) require you to really try to understand the basic principles first and only then tailor the solution to your needs?

So I'm back to my question: why is the Lokar product not "good"? How does it prevent the proper operation of the kickdown lever?