Since we started running the Daytona at WOT it has become deadly consistent.

The car will only cert to 8.50 so we had a mechanical throttle stop under the pedal to keep it around that 8.70 - 8.80 mark. The problem was it wasn't very consistent. We decided to try some WOT passes and it really came around. Problem was it ran low 5.40's in the 1/8 and low 8.50's in the 1/4. Very close to the cutoff for our cert.

Not wanting to run into issues of making an 8.40 pass when the weather got really good we decided to remove the 1050 Dominator (Alcohol) and install a new Quickfuel 4150 950 (Alcohol) carb. Set the floats, idle mixture and speed and went racing!

Car ran the exact same # as it did with the 1050 Dominator!!! 8.53@158MPH.......I was shocked that it ran the same # I thought for sure it would slow a tenth or two. I guess the old 540 really likes the smaller CFM carb! LOL

I was really impressed with the Quickfuel carb as it was setup perfect right out of the box! No stumble, no down track issues just stab the throttle and hang on! I do not have an AFR but watching the change in water temp from start to finish it was the exact same (10 degree increase) as the 1050 Dominator.

TURR5107.jpg