The springs were installed at about 1.95. I say "about" because I was shooting for as close to 150# as I could get juggling the shims.

The 150# figure is at the low end of the recommended range of 150-160, and maybe with what gets lost from new till they settle in a little, I guess could be it.
The open pressure was also close to the recommended setting, but there again, it would have been at the low end. (can't remember the brand or p.n off the top of my head right now, but they would have most likely been Crower or Comp....i'll check my notes tomorrow)

I've not run into a problem like this on any previous builds, but maybe this lobe's a little more aggressive than most. I didn't think with a flat tappet, that spring pressures were super critical. Maybe I'm wrong in that thinking.

it's a 4.35 x 4.15 w/7.1 rods, bushed lifter bores, indy ez's ported standard port, tunnel ram 2-750's , 1.6 int./ 1.5 exh. rockers, 2"x 32" pri 3.5 x 18" collector

It's a Mike Jones cam
272/280 @.050"
.407"/.406" Lobe Lift
110 LSA
You'll need a spring with 150-160# on the seat, and 360-380# at max lift

I must say that I am quite pleased with how it runs up to the point where it flattens out....I do think there's a bit more to be gained when/if I can get it to RPM a little more.

Last edited by Harry's Taxi 2; 08/16/19 05:13 PM.

'86 Maple Grove KOS Mopar low qualifier......true street legal with no power adders.

NOS-used when losing since 1940.