My 2006 300C with a 5.7 currently is sitting at 194k miles. A reman motor with 40k miles was put in about 10k miles ago, and completely remanufactured heads were also used. At the moment, I have a warm start blue smoke issue from the tailpipe and it will also let out a puff after idling for a few moments, or upon deceleration such as on a hill. Seems like the classic symptom of valve seals, but I have my doubts considering the age of the heads. The car runs pretty well, with no codes, but will idle rough after a bit, likely due to the plugs and intake charge being fouled with oil. Oil consumption is about 1 quart every 600 miles. Oil pressure is great, and when cruising, there is no oil smoke.

The dealer is noting that the intake gaskets are leaking, which is visually evident by the oil residue on the heads. Could this be a cause of the oil consumption and smoke? Always considered it to potentially be a intake gasket issue.

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab: 5.7, 65RFE, 4.56 gears with locker, Hemifever tuned, AFE intake, 87mm throttle body, JBA headers, 3" Flowmaster exhaust, split to dual 2.5" exits. 13.57 best ET so far.

Searching for new A or B Body Project!