Originally Posted by MI_Custumz
Originally Posted by Sniper
Did you watch the video link I supplied? Because you don;t seem to be doing it right.

I quoted the test light scenario. I have to read the manual for my multimeter to figure out the current draw test. I watched the video and plan on attempting it tonight or tomorrow. My battery and system is fine, but I am just curious and like to learn new things. I see there is not supposed to be a light if np draw, just now noticed that. Maybe I needed more coffee before posting.

A test light s a poor choice for draw resting on modern vehicles. You will have a draw, the computer itself draws a bit even when the key is on the counter in your kitchen. That draw may not be enough to light up the test light though. Which is why you need a meter on these newer vehicles. In the video they talk about what is a normal draw for later model vehicles and what it too much. 35 milliamps (that's 35/1000 of an amp) is typical, over 85 milliamps gets into the too much category.

Tell us what meter you have and I can tell you how to set it up for draw testing.