Originally Posted by 62maxwgn
Originally Posted by 4406bbl
There you go, proven wrong again. up All I know is every 6bbl bird I have been around is cut, hemi bird a buddy had was cut, 4bbl birds were not. His hood will not close, remove the brace and it will. It is also real smart to tie the engine down on these, put some clay on the air cleaner and close the hood to see why.

Went back and looked again,absolutely no sign of any cutting on inner structure,it is as stamped including the section under the added on top extension. shruggy

No your hood is not as stamped, or it would look like the green hemi hood, or the yellow 4bbl hood, you cannot see the center peak on those. I can see the cut at the front center of the orange hood plain as day in your pic. Your hood has no center bar. I found this out fixing a 6bbl superbird in my bodyshop in 1981, got a nos hood, had to cut the bar. I assumed all hemis were done, but obviously not. It is one of those things I usually keep my mouth shut about to avoid the fight. I got to repaint that hood back then because it would not close when the car was done, you do not forget stuff like that. Its all good its how we learn.