Originally Posted by J_BODY
[Linked Image]

Pulled up a 16 just to “keep it real”.... I can’t swing new, ever! laugh2. This is what I saw that would make me “consider” a 6.4. Reality is that I’ll probably keep using my 01 until I flush my racing hobby. I’ll agree with Chip that my 01 in stock form was a bit of a letdown. Also made me realize why so many had tuners on them when they came in the shop. I’ve had a edge ez, rv injectors, and a trans I built with goerend parts since 38k back in 04. Got a buck 80k on it now. Last year a decent 11 came in on trade. I was star struck and brought it home and hooked the trailer to it and proceeded directly to the gawd awful grades heading out of this hole I live in. I’m not sure if I was more disappointed by the 6 speeds and 3.7 gear, or impressed with the minor tunes and my 3.5 gear in my 01. My junk just plain out towed it. Looking back I’m glad I skipped on it. The 14 newer is a much better pickup.

I put a little 50-60 hp (or so) programmer (Edge Flashpaq) on my '01 Cummins and it made a BIG difference, but it was still lacking in the trans department, mainly the converter. It pulled real good, but you couldn't tell it had any power until the converter locked. I'm sure I'd have been happy w/ it if I'd put a good converter in it, but I needed a crew cab. Got a heck of an offer for the dodge, so I sold it and spent 6 months looking for the "right" truck. I brought home an LBZ Duramax and couldn't be happier w/ it. It is more challenging to work on than a Cummins though, lol.

I kept that '01 Dodge for 7 years and put about 75k on it...sold it for $1,000 less than I paid for it. If it had been a crew cab, I'd still own it.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax