I don't think i'd get overly lost in that chart. it's just too general. I use a ch28 with two 600's. primary jets on both carbs are .101", metering rods 71x47, orange step-up springs, .098" secondary jets (near identical to factory 1405 jetting). I have edelbrock RPM heads, modest solid lifter cam (238@.050"/.510" lift), full TTI exhaust, automatic with 3.23 gears, and factory 10 3/4" converter. I wish i'd tried this set-up years ago. very trouble free, torquey, low maintenance, drive anywhere. [/quote]

Thanks for your results.

A couple of things first you are right about the 1406 carb. The edelbrock tech told me that it was not just a 1405 with a automatic choke and leaner jetting, that it was an economy carb and totally different and not to be used on dual quads because it would be lean even if jetted the same as the 1405 and not a match. If you wanted an automatic choke you would add it to the 1405. If you look at the chart the 1403/1404 500's are compatible for dual usage because the choke is the only difference.

Second The factory jetting would be close for me if I was running a progressive linkage but the Stage V requires it to be 1 to 1 so it needs to be leaner because of running off both carbs and not just one down low.

Also just for the heck of it the pair of 500 they sell are setup for a small block Chevy with progressive linkage. They take the factory setting which was .086 main .095 secondary jets & .065 x.052 metering rod and change it to .086 main .077 secondary jet and rod change to .065 x .057 So that comes out to 8% less cruise and 24% less secondary jet.