Originally Posted by second 70
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by second 70
Andy since I'm running 2-1405's at 1 to 1 on a stage V manifold the chart doesn't go lean enough for light street use. It gets close and I use the chart for the 1406 which is also a 600 carb but not jetted near as rich. I just increase or decrease the part of rod that need it. Trial and error.

Okay so your first mistake was to use the wrong carbs. Edelbrock sells carbs that are calibrated for dual carb use but evidently you didn't buy those. Since you have the wrong carbs you need to rejet them the way Edelbrock wants the dual carbs jetted. Download the instructions for the dual carb calibration and then buy the correct jets and metering rods for dual carb calibration and you should be on your way.

Here’s the recommended carb cart from Edelbrock mild/performance big block 2-1405 no calibration kit available.
I don't think i'd get overly lost in that chart. it's just too general. I use a ch28 with two 600's. primary jets on both carbs are .101", metering rods 71x47, orange step-up springs, .098" secondary jets (near identical to factory 1405 jetting). I have edelbrock RPM heads, modest solid lifter cam (238@.050"/.510" lift), full TTI exhaust, automatic with 3.23 gears, and factory 10 3/4" converter. I wish i'd tried this set-up years ago. very trouble free, torquey, low maintenance, drive anywhere.