Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by polyspheric
Remember the '63 8-3/4" has tapered axles and drums, many are seized in place.
iagree
But all things are fixable, some Mouse Milk , heat and the proper puller will remove both sides hammer wrench
The left side, drivers side, is usually stuck worse than the passenger side so do the easy side first and then do the hard one last wrench hammer weld
Good luck up, My 1963 Fury will get a rear end change due to that issue wrench

I put a complete drum to drum 8-3/4 rear from a 65 Plymouth with the floating drums in my 63 and it fit and works good. I actually put it in my 63 before I bought it as my buddy owned the 63 and I always worked on his cars for him as he had me swap the rear in when he owned it before I got it. I also went to a newer (1970) auto 727 trans and got rid of the ball & Trunion and went to standard type U-joints. Rear leaf springs are the same ones as some A-bodies use as the ones in my boys 72 Dart are the same as the ones in my 63 size and lenth wise. But I use 3400 lb rated SS springs as he uses the 3000 lb 002 & 003 SS springs in his Dart. Its just a few things you can change or update to if you like the later drivetrain from the mid 60's to mid 70's. But the changes I made were simple and easy and I am 100% happy with it. Ron