So, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a TKO 600 setup, probably from Silver Sport Transmission. Their initial bid/quote included a basic organic replacement 11" disc to fit the Tremec. I've had an 11" Centerforce Dual Friction in the car (69 Charger) for 15+ years that I've been pretty happy with. I don't race the car, just a street machine. My current flywheel is a resurfaced original from Brewers that I put in along with the clutch way back when. I'd thought I would just replace everything, including the bellhousing if I was swapping transmissions. So, I have a couple questions on clutches and mechanical vs. hydraulic.

Since the flywheel would need resurfacing to go along with the new disc, the pressure plate should be replaced too. And I would just get a new flywheel, so it's all new stuff.

Should I stick with the Centerforce Dual Friction line of product, or is there something else that is better, or go with stock/organic, or ????

The initial quote/bid is to go with stock mechanical, but there is a hydraulic option. I do like the idea of the hydraulic operation pushing the throwout bearing straight out, vs the lever action of the stock fork.

Anybody running either the stock fork/pivot or the hydraulic?

Oh, should I go ahead and spring for the carbon syncros? Again, not a race car. Shifting rarely hit's 6,000, but wondering if that isn't something that I should just invest in.

Car is currently running 3.91 with N50 27-28"tall tires. I'm thinking I want the .64 overdrive for quiet-er freeway hustle-ing.

Just kind of asking for general feedback. Free shipping until the end of the month, but not in any real hurry either.

Last edited by igozumn; 07/21/19 06:30 PM.