Originally Posted by AndyF
By all means build different bushings and do some testing. Eventually you'll come to the conclusion that the MSD pro billet distributor is a bad choice for a street car. If you want to accelerate your learning curve get an O2 sensor and hook up a EGT. Once you hook those two things up you'll start to see why you need vacuum advance in a street car.

The hot ticket these days is a fully computer controlled timing curve. My advice for anyone with a big stroker motor is to sell their carb and distributor and buy a Holley Sniper setup with the HyperSpark distributor. Then you get full computer control of the fuel curve and the timing curve.

Point 1, it's what I have to deal with at the moment, and I never doubted your previous advice. Better to get some bushings and make it close then to leave it with what I've got,right? shruggy O2 sensors are in the short term plans, probably after the Nats.
Point 2, I'm technologically about 15 years behind on my car. I just graduated from purple shaft cams and pinion snubbers. frown (I actually still have super stock springs for now) . Bear with me, sir, there are a lot of upgrades in the future as money and time allow.

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449