I think I am having problems with cooling system air lock on that 505 trick flow headed engine now?
Owner has a the universal flex type radiator hoses, and the upper seems too long and I think air might be getting trapped in it?
Car seemed to be overheating, so we changed thermostat, and replaced the "chrome" housing which was leaking under pressure with a stock thermostat housing.
Pressurized the cooling system, and it is holding pressure, so I don't think we have any leaks.
Using a IR Temp gun, the pump housing is around 190-200, but the radiator is way cooler, making me think the coolant is not circulating.
Had stock iron water pump housing, and stock replacement / rebuilt water pump.
Found two issues before I left yesterday.
#1 - The aftermarket gauges were reading high because they were connected to a bad ground. Suspected a bad ground when the voltage gauge was reading about 11 volts and when measuring at the battery, it was about 13.8 volts.
Added a ground wire from the battery to where the gauges were grounded, and not voltage reads correct, oil an temps are reading lower, So I think part of the "overheating" may have been false reading from the gauges?
#2 - Burped air out of the upper radiator hose. Seems air was being trapped in the hose.

Took the car for a short drive, and temps did climb to 190-200? with a 160 degree thermostat.
Really did not have (or fuel) for a longer drive.

Will have to see if temps stabilize, but I think replacing the upper radiator hose may help.
Not sure if a better water pump would help also?