Originally Posted by bigdad
Nice tasty, well thought out build .. good job sir

Thanks Bigdad. Dunno if you read Unlawful’s but I have a thread on there with a launch video asking for shock recommendations and after some confusion my takeaway knowledge was that my shock angle is laid back way too far after radically lowering the ride height. I got a set of 275/50-r17 M&H racemaster dot drag radials on there yesterday but haven’t driven it yet. It runs hard for a mild street deal and I’m hoping a little more gas pedal will be usable in 1st & 2nd gear with the softer tires.

I tried to think ahead building the chassis but I didn’t even think about the shock angle- just left the stock dakota crossmember and welded ears to the new rear. I’ll have to pull the bed- again- to weld in a new shock crossmember farther forward. No point in buying shocks till I get ready to do that. Probably put another post on unlawful’s about it 😂

Anyway, I spent the past couple thrashes messing with trimming out the rear surround. It’s looking much more finished now.

D61D1872-0D9F-4C3B-8BBE-83D42CD16C0D.jpeg22B3488F-570A-4B4A-A2C6-71D6EBD77BB4.jpeg