Howdy!

So I posted a little bit ago about my plans and got a bunch of wisdom from y’all and Dabee even PM’d me his phone # and sent me a bunch of helpful pictures of a finished pilot house on a Dak frame. This will be my build thread so it can hopefully help others and give folks a chance to tell me I’m doing things bass ackwards wink

Things are moving along nicely. I have four or five days in so far. The dakota is stripped from the bed foreward, leaving the suspension and steering in place. That will all get rebuilt and rebushed later. The 54 has the fenders nose and rad support removed as a unit. It was two bolts in each doorjam and two bolts holding the rad support. They all fought mightily but none required the torch. The cab bolts were harder but the cab is off the 54 chassis as well.

Yesterday I got some help from a couple friends and we did a first mock up. The rear body mount pedestals which also hold the front bed mounts are too wide and need to get chopped off so the cab can slide back. I’m saving them and relocating the front portion to be reused with new poly body mounts for a dakota.

The front body mounts on the 54 cab are mushy and one is gone so I will probably be grafting in a bunch of the Dak firewall before I relieve it for the motor.

Also the front horns of the dak frame hit the tins all wrong so they will get chopped off and create a new bolt in bracket for the 54 rad support (thanks for the pics Dabee!)

That’s all for now. I haven’t figured out how to post pics here since photobucket screwed everybody so if you wanna see pics I have a bunch up on the flathead dodge truck forum
http://p15-d24.com/topic/47345-512-cid-c-series-on-dakota-chassis-build-thread/

Thanks