OK so a buddy (not me wink ) has landed a 528 Hemi and wants a little more HP/TQ that what it put out for his new ride/build. Application is mostly street with probably a few meetings at the track per year for some grudge racing with buddies.

I dont know who built the engine but the specs that were provided are as follows :

528 ci
MP Block 4.500" bore, STD deck height, ARP studs throughout.
Ross forged pistons, 10:1 CR with a .040" Cometic gasket
Eagle H beams and steel Eagle 4.150 crank
Indy 426-1 heads, mild cleanup
Indy rollers
Indy 4150 4 BBL intake
Pro systems 1050 4150 carb
TTI 2.25"x 3.5"headers
Comp .550" hyd cam (will get the grind number when it comes out)
6 Qt Milodon pan, windage tray
Not sure what oil pump yet but pickup is internal with a 1/2" size.

Dynoed out locally at 610HP at 6000, 606 ft/lbs at 4700, we want more from this combo while maintaining good overall reliability. We'd like to get over 700HP with a cam change and a bump in CR, just not sure if the cleaned up 426-1s will get us there with just these changes from what we have. A solid FT in this combo to achieve this outcome would be ideal....... remove the inner springs for break in, refit the inners etc the usual drill.

So we're looking for input - its going in a full bodied 69 Charger with a built 727 and a Dana 60, so it will probably come in at around 3800lbs or so. Tire OD to be 29", convertor and rear gear to be specd once we nut out the cam.

Other than the cam, we'll upgrade pan to a larger 8 qt pan/windage tray for obvious reasons. If we can can squeeze a little more CR (closer to 10.5:1) with a .020" or so thick Cometic gasket assuming my V to P is OK then that would be ideal.

I know Dwayne Porter is very good at speccing cams and Ive used Bullet myself but has anyone used a grind in a similar combo that made very good HP/TQ and (other than proper breakin) was reliable?

Fire away guys !!

Last edited by LAD 524; 07/11/19 09:05 AM.