Originally Posted by Ray408G3Hemi
Originally Posted by L4staero
Originally Posted by Ray408G3Hemi
Originally Posted by Jambbii
I have the Durango. HotRodDave gave me the advice. I did the valve springs as well and took .020 of the heads. Still running good! My only complaint is that now I need to do headers and a custom tune!

That'll wake it up even more...
I've seen ric do the swap about 6 different times a few trucks and Challengers and each time it amazes me why FCA doesn't do it with the 5.7 Challengers, I can understand the trucks not geting it,. but the 5.7 R/T Challenges form new would be F@#$ing monsters.

Why would people buy a 485hp 6.4 when they can buy a 450hp 5.7?

They detuned the 5.7 heavily for this reason

Max it would be 410/420.......Why did people buy a 390 HP 6 pak when they could buy a 425hp Hemi? ...besides if it was say 425 Hp vs 485Hp the TQ of the 6.4 would still lure enough Speed freaks to the 6.4 over the 5.7 to make it worth while.

Remember some models they sold well below 100 426 hemis as the others were so close power wise and faster on the street.

I think it you fit the 6.4 cam, intake manifold and exhaust manifolds to a 5.7 Eagle and tune it the power difference wouldnt be very different. The factory 5.7 tune runs AFR at 10 to kill power. Reality is its only some c.i difference, 0.4 comp and 20 cfm less