Yup. 14:1 on alcohol. 8000 RPM. Made it...damn I think it made it 20 hard passes. Maybe a few more. That was 1985. I was sneaking up on it for a few years and the bearings always looked like crap because the block was moving around. Had to use .0035 on the mains to keep it from snagging a bearing. That was on 20w50 in the dog days of summer and 10w40 in the spring and fall. To get the rings seal with alcohol with the limited oil choices back then, that's what you did.

Then when we put the W2 heads on it was over. IIRC it broke in the number 2 bulk head. It bent a stock 340 crank but never broke it. That's how I knew something went [censored] up.

After that, I found a reasonable T/A block that needed 8 sleeves, snatched it up. Sleeved it, used some block filler and never broke another block. Knocked some rods out, but that a whole 'nother story

Edit: That had to be 1987 as I got out of the army in early 1984 and started the project. So I killed the block in 87 and bought the T/A block right after that.

Last edited by madscientist; 07/05/19 05:45 PM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston