Originally Posted by DaveRS23
In my case, I was replacing Moog ball joints that I had installed a few years ago, the last time I changed engines and K members. The new upper ball joints from Rockauto looked different. So I went to my local O'Reilly's and ordered another pair of Moogs. They looked like the ones I was removing down to the last detail. The ones from Rockauto had noticeable differences when laid side by side to the other ones. They were similar, but different. I sent pics of them to Rockauto side by side making a note to them that I thought that they were not really Moog pieces. All I got in response was a return authorization. So, they went back to RA and I installed the ones from O'Reilly's.

Now, I use the Proforged lower and tall upper ball joints. http://www.proforged.com/

Sometimes when companies merge the existing stock gets put into new boxes and relabeled. Not saying that happened here, but it's possible. Federal Mogul bought them some time ago Then Tenneco bought FM last year. These days who knows who owns what.