Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
On your deal with the 4 speed I would put a nice sounding and running cam in it, do you want a hydraulic flat tappet lifter, a solid flat tappet or a hydraulic or solid roller lifter cam?
If you want a hydraulic flat tappet lifter I would use either the Comp Cams XE284H grind or the little bigger XE285HL or the smaller XE275 HL grind twocents I would install them all at or near 3 to 5 degrees advanced (nearer T.D.C.) on the intake lobe centers also up
You need to know I'm a drag racer and I always want to beat all the street cars guy, not a show and shine guy devil work

Cab are you comfortable with a flat tappet cam in 2019? I will be doing a future 360 and am conflicted because SOOOOO many competent guys here on moparts and across the brand spectrum have had terrible experiences with them. I priced a roller set up and it comes in around $1000-$1200 to convert. I have a brand new Engle flat tappet cam made in 2002 but dont know yet if I will go that route.
the engle cam is ok but if you have 2002 hydraulic tappets (Stanadyne, worst tappet ever made!) just throw them away. the solid tappets back then were Stanadyne too, not good, but useable. if it's hydraulic just get some comp cams tappets and run it.

Last edited by lewtot184; 06/29/19 12:12 PM.