Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by FlyFish
My 87 D150 is having sporadic braking issues. When it happens, with very light braking pressure, the driver side front brake will grab violently, locking up the wheel. This may happen a couple times, then is goes away for days at a time...not sure what is going on here.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

If it's just one side I would be replacing calipers or pistons, clean and lube all the slides and replace the brake hoses. You also need to look at the wheel bearing then clean and repack them. Probably a good idea to replace or resurface the rotors and replace the pads.

Also now that I think about it check the suspension especially the strut rod bushings.

iagree

Might also want to inspect the frame etc. had a customer several years ago that had a similar issue with a 56 Ford. Several shops had looked at it, aligned it etc to no avail. He brought it to us and we found the front cross member ( K member equivalent) was rotted and split 3/4 of the way around. How the others missed something so blatantly obvious still makes me wonder shruggy beer