Hi there,
1st post, long time lurker looking for an answer that will save my back and some friendships in the process.

I have a Stage V hemi conversion kit that I am working on. I know, not a real hemi, not a strong block, ect. I have always wanted one and never seem to be able to find a "real" 426 for anything that resembles a reasonable price. So, I found this kit that I have long known about for a deal. So here I am with 2 complete heads and a new LOW deck intake from StageV, a very nice piece by the way.
However, the heads have a low port. If they had a high port, a standard 426 header would fit with my 400 block. I called TTI and they said they have never fitted a header to this combo and good luck. I have a 520 stroker wedge in the car now with 2 1/8 TTI headers and I'm trying to measure and picture the tubes 3/4" down and in. It looks promising, but that doesn't mean s&*t in the real world.
Before I have to pull the current motor, mock up a block with heads, bellhousing and transmission and drop into the car. Has anyone really done this?
I haven't built a short block yet so I am not really tied to having to make it work. However, the intake would cost $550 to replace with a RB one and the guy before me paid $650 for the current one. I would be inclined to make use of it. I have both a 400 and 440 block either way.
Thanks for the time.
Mike