The goal was as stated in the first post. I was attempting to use parts on hand to complete a project. I am not looking for a max effort type motor. Price is always a concern, I have 4 cars all wanting a piece of my pay at the end of the day. Ironically, I'm looking to tame the car down from it's current configuration ( 520" 440-1 indy heads w/ roller) to a car that can be used much more like I did when it and I were both 17 years old.
I was just hoping that maybe someone had already done this and had a answer to the question.
I'm just going to build a another 4.15 or 4.25 stroke 440 with less compression and a more efi compatible cam. 550 to 600 would be an ideal output in this car with a 4 speed and manual steering. Any more and the car is just trying to see if it can get you to crash. Especially when everybody around me is treating driving like IT's the distraction from a phone or text.
I run a transport company with 4 trucks delivering new cars all day long. I'm tired of cars that are not completely drive able anymore.
Much like a HD hard tale, looks good but nobody wants to ride very long or far.
Thanks for the replies