Originally Posted by Sammy
Originally Posted by n20mstr
Originally Posted by AndyF
It might not want timing to get the car moving, he might be making more power with less timing and overpowering the tires. I'd keep the timing at the lower number and try to get it too hook.
t

This was my first thought. Mph is the indication of the power your making, et is just the application of that power. You running a slick, it prob spinning . Work on your suspension now

It's dead hooking, no spinning at all.
I run a bias slick.
So do I leave it at 32* or put at 35* ?
Air fuel is dead on at 12.8 at WOT.

As fast said, are those your only choices?

I think you need to test some. Run just 60 foot times and set the timing for your best 60's. Then start backing timing out of it and run the 1/4.

My best guess is, like most N/A cars with decent chassis, your car will like more timing in low gear and want it backed down in high gear, or maybe pull it out in second.

Guys pulling timing and going quicker in 60 feet with N/A combos usually need chassis tuning.

This nonsense that less timing is always better is just that. If it wants more timing in low gear, give it more timing. Look at the plugs and let them tell you if you are wrong or not.

Last edited by madscientist; 06/16/19 05:36 PM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston