Did we switch from graphic arts to offset printing? I didn't realize that. Offset printing IS part of graphic arts as is all printing methods. In fact, more than likely, the original decals were not even printed via the offset process. I'm going to guess that they were printed on a Flexo press which is known as Flexography printing. Flexo printing uses a rubber type plate fixed to a metal cylinder. What you are refering to as bleed simply looks like the pressman applied too much pressure and distorted the image on the plate. It's also remotely possible that the original labels could have been printed via the silk screen printing process. Now I don't have as much trouble shooting skills with silk screen printing as I do with Flexo, but I'd still say that there was a pressure issue between the screen and the substrate. Either way, I am surprised that you do not want to capture these flaws of the origianls into your reproductions. As I have often seen with reproduction labels, they are TOO good. Now granted, this doesn't bother me for a label or sticker for any of my cars. However, a restorer like yourself, who needs everything to be EXACTLY like factory would want the flaws duplicated into the reproduction. (I would think.)