Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket
Are you sure about that running weight?
My friend who has an all steel original 62' Max wedge with full interior, full factory glass, cast iron ram horn exhaust and pipes all the way to the bumper, three speed, weighs in at more or less about 3300 Lbs on my digital scales.
Have you weighed your car on certified scales?
That's a bit heavy for such a car.

I know that Blowers can be heavy on a car though, but not that much. Is the partial cage full DOM steel?

Fullmetaljacket

Weight is correct on it. Went to local CAT certified truck scale that is close by. Car is all steel still. I think a lot of the weight comes from the tubs. MAN that guy I think used like 16 gauge on the tubs on it. Plus whole back of car has a new section on it for the suspension and goes from rear bumper forward to the door pillar area. Plus it has a cross brace hump in the middle of the tunnel behind the seats out of the same channel material. I also have dual tanks in the trunk. Street gas and race gas with two pumps. so I can switch between them depending how hard I want to run. Only one tank had fuel in it when I weighed it.. Beside that also have American Racing original cast wheels on it with the rears being modified to except the 18.5 wide tires I am running. So the weight is climbing quick. 440 block with iron heads and torqueflight tranny and a Dana 60. Plus disk brakes all around. That is why I think I am so heavy. First pic is before I painted floor and partial cage and put blower on it. Just remembered one more thing too. Because of being in Cali. I am running 4 mufflers on it to try and quiet it down and these are standard style mufflers than 3 1/2 inch o.d X 36 inch long glasspak style. Basically exhaust tips of mufflers end about a foot and a half before rear end. I loved it before and so did everyone who hears it. BUT Cali if you get too loud they make life miserable because of the import idiots. Up in mountains i doubt any problems as other hot rodders have told me but did not want to take a chance with some new guy officer wanting to make an image for himself.

Dscn0406 2.jpgDSCN3071 copy.jpgDSCN3072 copy.jpgDSCN2480 copy mod.jpg
Last edited by 62SAVOY; 06/11/19 03:47 AM.