JB -- my sway bars are customer made, solid steel (just like the old pro-am guys used to do... a T/A driver made them for me back in the late 70s)... bent to match the OE shape front and rear... 1.25" front, 1.00" rear. The front bar is heavy... recently purchased a hollow Firm Feel front 1.25" bar.., saves about 6-7 pounds from the front end.... I'll see how I'll like it when I start driving the car in about another year (under re-construction now getting new engine, etc). Actually, the FF front bar measures almost 1-5/16" (slightly larger that 1-1/4".

The rear bar is 1" solid steel... and I truly like that setup best... the smaller 7/8 bar (hard to find) and the common 3/4" bars are too small/too weak. The balance of the 1-1/4 front and 1" bars are the ticket to best handling pending most common driving (street/hwy, AX, HPDE/HSAX) for our cars (especially E-B bodies). You can play with the end links (all rubber/ all poly, half-half etc).. to eventually find a good feel for your intentions... that's what I've done in past years. Also, playing with the adjustable shocks is part of the whole package. A 1" rear bar is not that big as some may think... sure, it helps introduce more potential oversteer, but with our front-end heavy cars its needed... the potential oversteer doesn't really happen as some may think... regardless of pylon AX or HSAX/HPDE track events... per my experience... it helps neutralize and balance much better than with a smaller 7/8 or 3/4 rear bar. Remeber, the factories wanted some understeer to be kept.. thanks to Raph Nader for his safety concerns stemming from the Corvair.

I am considering making/modifying that 1" rear bar with adjustable link ends... so to becoming stiffer yet if needed.

When I've swapped rear bars (factory 3/4" to my custom 1"), I've immediately noticed more understeer with the factory 3/4" rear bar... and both bars have poly from mounts inserted within their frame brackets. that 1" rear bar truly better helps to balance the sway bar's assistance in body roll.

Those larger TBs help reduce front end dive and lift... especially when driving in serious AX/HPDE/HSAX events. In my opinion, the factory should have made ~1.12" as their minimum TBs for BB cars and the T/A-AAR cars.... but that was way back in time when softer/cushion rides has some say... a compromise in ride/handling.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!