I just had my 512 on the chassis dyno with my 4150 sniper two days ago. When I first installed the sniper I used their plastic cap tool to phase the distributor with the motor at #1 tdc at the same time and it fired right off. I called for 15° locked timing with the ecu (in the complete instructions- pdf download from holley) and only had to twist the distributor back to an actual 15° from 18° and lock it down. I told it 34 WOT, in the wizard then went into the menus and set the simple timing at 15 cranking 24 idle 34 WOT & 44 cruise. The car started instantly, drove great, and didn’t ping on 93 octane.

We did a baseline pull on the dyno and it was good but we got a 20 more hp/tq tuning. Some improvement was ar WOT after the self learning had a chance to visit cells that I couldn’t hit unless I found an abandoned airport (they had to lean out a half point or so of afr) but most of the improvement was from messing with a better timing map. The torque curve had a couple bad dips down low and after tuning it’s flat now.

The change that did all the work was something I read about online I went into the sniper PC laptop program and also downloaded the holley v4 program which comes with throttle body global control files (tunes). You can open the spark map, highlight and copy the entire thing, and paste it on the sniper spark table after you switch it from simple to 2d table. After that we adjusted the idle area down a couple degrees since I had already found optimal idle timing using the MAP sensor to tell me vacuum, and tried messing with a lottle more timing at WOT which didn’t knock but didn’t give more power so we put that back to how it was after the paste.

So glad I did the hyperspark.