Originally Posted by AndyF
I highly recommend the Hyperspark distributor when using a Sniper. They are designed to work together and it will allow you to control the ignition timing from the Sniper. Adding the Hyperspark distributor really unlocks the power of the EFI system. I wouldn't buy the Hyperspark ignition box and coil if you already have a good MSD box and coil. If you don't have any existing parts then go ahead and buy the Hyperspark box and coil.

Be super careful to follow the instructions when you wire everything together. The Sniper electronics can be knocked wacky by ignition noise so you have to keep the spark plug wires away from the Sniper wires. You have to run suppression type plug wires and resistor plugs. I use Firecore50 wires in everything I build and NGK street plugs. Make sure the pink wire (switched 12 volts) is from a clean source. You'll need to tie together ign 1 and ign 2 since the Sniper needs 12 volts while cranking and running. So the ballast resistor and all of the factory ECU stuff has to go away.

I make a thermostat spacer if you need a place for the CTS. You can buy them from Hughes Engines.

Andy we dont run resister plugs and have had no problems at all. My son did get the thermostat spacer as we use that but he picked it up and I don't know if its yours or another brand ? Ron