I can tell you what I run. My quench came out around .046 on my 440/493 with a solid flat tappet cam and Indy EZ heads. My comp ratio is 10.6 and my cam is a custom grind from Dwayne Porter (Fast68Plymouth) that is .585 & .592 lift with 264 & 270 @ .050 on a 110 LSA. I run 36 total advance all in by 2000 rpm. I have no ping at all and have never had any ping. I have no vacuum advance as my dist is a Mallory race unit and has no vacuum advance. I use the Felpro .039 head gaskets. I understand where you are coming from since good quench helps fight ping (detonation) as when I built my eng that was one factor I wanted to be around .045 give or take a few thousandths because I run on 92 pump and did not want any detonation problems so I made sure I had decent quench. I would have thought your eng builder would have wanted to build decent quench into your eng. .060 is not the worst but I shot for .045 as that's a good quench to me and not to close to the piston to get worried with a steel rod eng. A good build in todays world is a zero deck flattop piston eng with .040 head gaskets and a closed chamber head. If you have .050 gaskets then going to the Felpro .039 would get you around .049 quench down .011 from .060. But the only .050 head gasket I know of would be a custom made Comedic head gasket. Ron