Originally Posted by Dragula
Well, I have a couple of pretty good Thumper carbs on both of my cars. My issue like others, my one car is more of a show poodle and doesn't get run enough and at full temp at idle, its rich.. Lean the idle out, and the 605 won't cold start and idle at all. Our season here is short, and the outside temp swings a lot. The swing is big enough there is not a good way to balance it out. As the temp climbs, the AFR at idle gets worse. So far its in the 12.5ish range at 160 temp and worse when it climbs higher, yet cold, its 13.6, just barely enough to get it to idle at 50-60 degrees out. So I have been wanting one to help me cure cold starts. Been wanting one of the 4500 Snipers since I saw them come out last year....So I am watching this thread to see how this goes.

One thing I can't figure out is the other Holley, Stealth I think it is, comes with an external ECU and costs a bunch more. Not sure why the difference. I just like the 4500 TBI idea for us that need them..

For DW2012, i pulled the sixpack top off my weiand tunnel ram, put on 2 edelbrocks, wired the chokes up and worked like a champ on cold startup. My copilot was joking the whole time that I turned my car into a Chrysler Cordoba.

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs