Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Thanks yall, really appreciate the kind words! After feeling like I was beating my head against the wall trying to get this thing to hook, I think I've finally gotten it somewhat figured out. Changing the rear gear from 4.10 to 3.54 made a night and day difference. Just don't have the money for a good powerglide and I felt like a gear swap would be better than a 2nd gear leave VB in this heavy sled.

With what it ran on Saturday in the 1/8, that should have easily been an 8.8x pass in the 1/4.

DVW...I'm spraying 300 hp this year. Was using 250 previously. Fairly conservative on the progressive right now (delaying the hit and a long ramp). I keep chipping away at it...bringing it in quicker and then making shock adjustments to keep the front end down. If I can get it down to where I can leave on the spray and have a short ramp, this thing ought to put up some real good numbers. I still haven't been quicker than 1.31 in the 60'. Quickest pass so far had a 1.35 sixty foot, but I think something under the car tripped the beams...not front tires, but not rears either. I've been 1.40 on the back tires.

Pittsburghracer...Yes, I have Vikings on all 4 corners and they seem to work very well. The car responds good to just a click or two. You're probably thinking of the Mark Menscer shocks? They seem to be the cats meow, but 2 of em cost what 4 Vikings do. All the fast guys run them, but I'm still on a budget here, lol.

Chip this is the FaceBook page I have been following.

https://www.facebook.com/competitivesuspensionsolutions/

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time