I have a 46 RE trans in my Mopar hot rod. Both cooler lines have been replaced with new steel lines (no drain back valve), and the radiator cooler is not in use. There is a big Hydan trans cooler attached to the trans.

If the hot rod sits more then 4 or 5 days, I'm getting a trans fluid river flowing out from under the ride. It appears it may be leaking around the dipstick o ring, but it also possible the fluid is coming out of the vent. If I pull the dipstick before I start the motor, the fluid level is nearly 4" above the full mark, but returns to the full or lower once the motor has been run. With every 1st of the day start up, I need to put the trans in neutral for about 15 seconds before it will move, but then it works great, if the fluid level is OK. I suspect that between the big cooler and the torque converter drain back, I'm adding 3-4 (or more) quarts of atf to level in the pan.

I'm sure the main issue is the trans cooler drain back and the converter drain back. The trans has around 100 K miles on it. I know the reasoning behind removing the drain back valve, but I would suspect that it would probably help in my situation, if I could find one.

Short of a rebuild, does anyone have a suggestion? Gene